Wednesday 10 August 2011

Team iLuminate is something to see, in the dark

by Mark R - on August 9th, 2011

My wife has a thing for watching America?s Got Talent, but I don?t really give it much thought. Last night, I passed the TV set and discovered an act worth writing about.

I have included a video here so you can watch and be amazed, but it isn?t the one they showed last night. You might have to consult Hulu for that. Team iLuminate uses a combination of dancing with a patent-pending wearable wireless lighting system. As you can see, the lighted parts go on at just the right times in order to make an exciting optical effect.

I Luminate wears these costumes that are black with Xes, and they look like the X-men. Their leader was a dancer who lost her ability to dance due to cancer, but she is behind the scenes and behind the tech. Team iLuminate is not short on inspiration.

Needless to say, the act was pretty terrific, and it received a standing ovation. I would not be surprised if it won. Heck, I would pay money to see this in Vegas. Forget Cirque du Soleil. If these guys are in Vegas when I?m at CES in January 2012, I am definitely going.

I?m sure that we will be seeing more examples of this luminography (a combination of choreography and lighting design) in the future. It has already been used in a Death Cab for Cutie music video and by artist Chris Brown.

Source

Click Here To Know More Click Here

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Wordpress Theme | Bloggerized by Free Blogger Templates | Best Buy Printable Coupons